9 Investing Rules To Live By
2. Don't try to predict the future.
A little more than a decade ago:
- Greece was strong.
- Russia was bankrupt.
- Oil cost $13 a barrel.
- AOL dominated the Internet.
- Smart economists thought the government would pay off the national debt by 2009.
- Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL ) was a joke.
- General Motors (NYSE: GM ) was at an all-time high.
- Mark Zuckerberg was in middle school.
- Y2K was a major worry.
- Fortune named Enron one of America's "most admired corporations."
The coming decade will be filled with just as many shifts. Learning to deal with them is more important than being able to predict them. Because no one -- no one -- will be able to predict them all.